Sunday, May 22, 2005

The Force is strong with this one....

OK... So everyone is having their go at how utterly crap the latest Star Wars movie is. I've got tickets for Tuesday and now my expectations are REALLY REALLY low. But wait! That's a good thing! It's gonna be pretty hard to disappoint me now! Wooha! In your face! Haha! I'm gonna enjoy it so much more than all you guys who were wagging your tickets at me over the past few days. :P

Anyway.... Considering all the bad press and criticism, why are we even going to watch the movie anyway? I've had this conversation a few times with other (non-mental) Star Wars buffs and even though we've always reached some kind of conclusion, it still baffles me that in spite of ALL the negative feedback, we're all STILL going to pay the n RM/yen/quid/euros/bushels of potatoes/Altairian dollars for the ticket, queue up at the cinema with scores of impatient suckers just like us, dress up like yoda/windoo/vader/luke(wannabes :P)/obiwan, buy some popcorn and sit down to be disappointed by the film where it has been alleged that "a piece of plywood would have done a better job of playing Anakin". Somehow, it's one of those things that just "has to be done". Why?

Someone from another planet would probably think that we're either mad or that the second wave of Star Wars movies were some sort of ingenious scam that has managed to make some people incredibly rich while leaving the rest of the planet a little puzzled and extremely disappointed.

I like to think it's a combination of BOTH. So... In order to try and build my marketing skills in the hope that I can fall in the "perpetrator of ingenious scams to make myself incredibly rich" category, I'm gonna use a shameless sell-out plug to try and get more people to visit this site and read my random scribblings (so that hopefully I can make myself incredibly rich by selling dumdumdumdumdadumdumdadum t-shirts, mugs and nappies) by offering ONE FREE ticket to see Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith at TGV KLCC on Tuesday (24th May 2005) @ 11pm. (Terms and conditions apply)

All you have to do to win this ticket is post a Star Wars related response here by noon on Monday the 23rd of May 2005. I will then pick the most amusing entry with the advice of my very capable panel of judges.

So what are you waiting for? Post ANYTHING you want! You can even say why you deserve to win the ticket or take a pot-shot at me for setting up a blog that is of absolutely no value at all to the human race (though I hear the mice may be interested).

Terms and conditions of free ticket contest:
1) The author has absolute and final say in decision of the winning post.
2) Winner of contest has to acknowledge that dumdumdumdumdadumdumdadum.blogspot.com is a very worthile blogsite to visit.
3) Winner of contest will turn up for the movie in full "Jar-Jar-Binks" outfit.
4) "Panel of judges" consists of my lucky-8-ball that gives "yes/no" type answers and a excel spreadsheet that picks random entries from a defined list.

13 Comments:

Blogger edwin74 said...

watch out for that scene where Ben goes " I can't stand to watch any more.... " and laugh as loudly as u can... sure scare others...

6:29 PM  
Blogger Julian said...

erm, it's windu, not (sic) windoo. Someone might confuse your windoo with vindaloo, a very tasty Indian dish made with chicken or lamb.

in fact, had I known ROTS -- now there's an apt abbreviation, if ever I saw one -- was going to suck so much, I would have gladly traded my ticket for a nice vindaloo and waited for the bloody DVD to come out.

That way, I could just amuse myself myself over and over again at the part where Padme tells Anakin, "Hold me, Ani! Hold me like you did by the lake at Naboo..."

I almost shat my pants.

P/S
Amuse me, you do. Link you I will, to my vastly superior blog...

9:37 PM  
Blogger Danie7 Ng said...

finally... what u said its done! haha!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

"I'm gonna enjoy it so much more than all you guys who were wagging your tickets at me over the past few days. :P"

Hahaha...funny guy! Okay, I'm looking forward to tuesday now! :D

Interesting entries.Keep your blog alive! See ya around!

12:39 AM  
Blogger yinsern said...

ahh yes.. windu... I remember always thinking "I break WIND before U"..

Btw... vindaloo is a pretty popular student dish. Our uni air squadron had a "curry wings" badge. You had to finish a vindaloo. Even a seasoned cili padi eating Malaysian will find it a challenge to finish a whole grade 5 vindaloo.

On a side note, the grade 5 vindaloo can be tied in to the whole Star Wars thingy in that it will burn a hole right through you much like a light saber would if you were to swallow one.

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Starwars haters, NOOOOOOOOO

~waves hand~ you will give me the ticket regardless, i'm the winner and everyone is the loser

so does my jedi mind trick work on u?

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is no BLOG, its a space-station

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice try with the Jar Jar Binks outfit terms and condition no.3, but i'll just force the ticket from you with my 4-by-4 also known as my lightsaber

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mind tricks don't work on him, only money....he is Ysern the Hutt, he won't give anyone a ticket, he will just make u his slave and make u wear the Leia slave outfit and not the Jar-Jar Binks outfit

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ysern.......I AM YOUR FATHER!!!

11:39 AM  
Blogger benkenobikl said...

hahahhahahah and i tot i was crazee ;P

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ekskiew me, the stahwor tiket still got ah? *ahem* i thinks master Yoga is a very cute frog... from: loke johnywalker

10:07 AM  
Blogger yinsern said...

eh?!?!? loke as in bath loke ka? eh.. you've finished already right? When are you coming back to KL?

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home