Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

It's been 28 years since Star Wars was first realeased and 22 years since Luke kicked some serious Sith ass to end the whole dark side malarkey... And tomorrow I shall watch the final (and yet not so final due to the curse of the prequel) installment of the Star Wars err.. trilogy.. quadrology.. quintology.. sexology? hmm... That sounds SERIOUSLY wrong... It's a real word though. I looked it up. :P

Those of you who've been here before already know that I'm not getting my hopes up too much. So I'm sitting here trying to think of how I can be "unexcited"... I mean, if I really wanted to get into the mood, I could put on a Darth Vader/Yoda/Luke (darned wannabes)/Princess Leia/R2D2 outfit, bring a light saber and try to sneak into the cinema without a ticket by using Jedi mind tricks.

But how exactly do you act UN-excited?

Well.. I'll just be going to work in the morning... Stop by the gym for a bit after work... Grab something to eat... Read a bit... And oh... Maybe just pop down to the cinema to watch the movie with a few (17 to be exact) friends... Hopefully the whole going to watch the "last ever" episode of Star Wars thing will slip my mind up 'til about 10:59 and I'll be like "hmm.. HEY! I'm supposed to be watching a movie in a bit... I'd better mosey on over there so I'm not too late"

Sigh... Gearing up for a let down is so depressing. It may be better if I just get all psyched up and let myself be totally devastated by the disappointment.

Oh well... At least the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy is coming out soon... Hopefully that won't be TOO depressing...


"Do not give in to hate. That leads to the dark side."

2 Comments:

Blogger Julian said...

"Sigh... Gearing up for a let down is so depressing."

LOL! Hope I didn't contribute too much to your predicament...

Anyway, since you mentioned HGTTG, there is something else to look forward to this year: Chronicles of Narnia (due around Christmas)

In retrospect, the Narnia trailer was the highpoint of my entire Star Wars evening. LOL! ...sorry!...

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ysern's Blog, you will never find the more wretched hive of scum and villiany.....we must be cautious

anyway, if you read HGTTG, the movie might be disappointing. We'll the movie industry isn't doin very well anyway, hollywood is hopping that starwars will help boost up movie attendance during summer

movies too look forward to in the near future, more STARWARS movies, hahahaha

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home